Postech AMI Lab (PAMI) is looking for self-motivated prospective graduate students.
If you are interested in joining AMI Lab, please read the following CAREFULLY.
- At this moment, we’re putting a high priority on candidates who will be promoted to a PhD program with strong motivation. Candidates who apply MS program only may not be considered at this moment.
- Research intern positions are available.
It is strongly recommended to have a research intern experience with AMI lab at least 3 months.
- Before discussing any potential position, PLEASE send an email along with your CV and transcript.
📄 Phase 1: Official Screening
PLEASE send your up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV or resume) and Official Transcript (optionally portfolio would be very helpful to understand your background) through an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you plan to apply our lab.
IF you don’t submit your CV and transcript, we do not consider you as a candidate.
Please apply directly to the university, and get admission first
(Please refer to https://adm-g.postech.ac.kr for detailed admission information).
Send an email right before/after your application to let Prof. Tae-Hyun Oh know that you applied and are interested in AMI lab.
If you have passed the official 1st screening, AMI Lab will schedule an individual face-to-face interview (or online through Zoom). Detailed notice about the interview will be on this website after the 1st phase.
📅 Phase 2: One-to-one interview
- AMILab is interviewing individual applicants who passed the official POSTECH document screening (the 1st phase).
- In the 2nd phase, you should pass the face-to-face interview (or online through Zoom). Most of the interview questions would not be the problems that require significant memorization but a deep understanding of concepts.
- Interview contents
– Text book: Mathematics for Machine Learning, Cambridge University Press
(Free PDF available in https://mml-book.github.io/)
All the interview questions are related to the following contexts:
– Basic probability and statistics
– Linear algebra
– Basic function analysis
– Signal processing
– Programming & algorithm
– Basic machine learning (+ back-propagation)
– System design (Please google "system design interview" for industrial positions)
– Basic English writing skill
- Interview length: 1.5 hours
- Interview method: Discussion over a whiteboard
We hope to see you at the interview session. Good luck🤞!